Workshop on Cultural Heritage Sites in Svalbard 24 March 2021. The workshop addressed the possibility to use Citizen Science and CM for documentation of cultural heritage sites in Svalbard in collaboration with the CAPARDUS and CULTCOAST projects. The agenda was the following:
- Welcome to the workshop and summary of the CAPARDUS project: Stein Sandven (NERSC)
- Introduction to the CULTCOAST project: Vibeke Vandrup Martens (NIKU)
- Existing systems for documentation and monitoring of cultural heritage sites in Svalbard: Anne-Cathrine Flyen (NIKU)
- Experiences with citizen science approaches to documentation and monitoring of cultural heritage, by Tom Dawson (SCHARP, St Andrews University, UK)
- Community based monitoring and citizen science: collaboration with local communites and authorities (Lisbeth Iversen (NERSC)
- Experiences with citizen science in Svalbard, e.g. Expedition Cruises, eBird, Happy Whale, iNaturalist, Marine Mammal Sighting Project, by Michael Køie Poulsen (NORDECO)
- Role and contribution of Hurtigruten to citizen science by Verena Meraldi (Hurtigruten).
- AECO guidelines for visitors regarding cultural remains by Truls Jacobsen (AECO).
The presentations are available at https://capardus.nersc.no/node/73/